UNITED PREPARE TO RECEIVE OFFERS FOR WANTAWAY MIDFIELDER

According to reports, Manchester United midfielder, Nemanja Matic will not be at the club next season as the Red Devils are currently preparing a squad overhaul ahead of the next campaign. United are preparing to mount a serious title challenge next season and they believe that in order to do that, they would need to make some summer additions to the squad and also sanction some departures as well.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Drbp90aX0AAB7vX.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Drbp90aX0AAB7vX.jpg

Their neighboring rivals Manchester City have already been crowned Premier League champions much to their dismay. They will now set all of their attention on next season where they will prepare to be more competitive than they were This season. In their bid to shuffle the squad, some of their players have been linked with exits and one of the names on the list is Matic. The Serbia international midfielder will see out the last year of his contract at the end of this season and it does not look like he will continue with the Red Devils from all indications.
Continue reading “UNITED PREPARE TO RECEIVE OFFERS FOR WANTAWAY MIDFIELDER”

TORONTO CLOSE TO SIGNING YEFERSON SOTELDO

American Major League Soccer side Toronto Football Club are getting closer to the signing of Yeferson Soteldo and have continued to work tirelessly to get the deal over the line. The Venezuelan international striker has been under Toronto’s radar for quite some time now and the player himself is said to fancy a move to the club, making the deal more than likely to happen.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D8TPXfqXYAAJLQA.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D8TPXfqXYAAJLQA.jpg

According to reports, the South American, who plays for Brazilian Premier League club FC Santos has seen his club agree a deal with Toronto to make the deal happen. The attacking star will now join the Reds in a deal said to be in the region of $6.5 million. Xésar Luis Merlo, a trusted South American journalist, recently reported that the deal is very close and all that remains is the paperwork to be provided and the players to sign on the dotted lines.
Continue reading “TORONTO CLOSE TO SIGNING YEFERSON SOTELDO”

LA Galaxy Release Upcoming Fixtures Schedule Ahead Of New Season

Every single club in the US Major League Soccer is currently working to make sure that they get ready and prepared to behold the new season. The new campaign is set to commence in a few weeks and in line with their own steady preparations, Los Angeles Galaxy have announced on Friday, their fixtures schedule heading into the new season.

Their first game will see them take on San Diego on the 20th of March, while they will play their next tie against New England Revolution a week after (March 27th). Next up, they will be taking on New England Revolution again for their second game in a row just four days after the two teams meet. Their next three games will be against Sporting Kansas City, Colorado Rapids, and Real Salt Lake. The games will be played on the 3rd, 7th, and 10th of April respectively. Here’s the fixture schedule in full:
Continue reading “LA Galaxy Release Upcoming Fixtures Schedule Ahead Of New Season”

FORMER GALAXY PLAYER ANNOUNCED RETIREMENT FROM FOOTBALL

Former Los Angeles Galaxy player and captain Jelle Van Damme has confirmed via an official announcement that he is retiring from professional football. The 37-year-old former defender is finally calling it quit after playing professional football for 20 solid years. In the two decades he played professional football, he featured for as many as ten different clubs, while also earning himself 31 senior caps for his Belgium national team side.


The ex-defender played two seasons of football for Los Angeles Galaxy in the Major League Soccer between 2016 and 2017 as he earned himself the status of being one of the best defenders in the league at the time. He was a no-nonsense defender who was not afraid to come against strikers and also dived into challenges with confidence and precision. Continue reading “FORMER GALAXY PLAYER ANNOUNCED RETIREMENT FROM FOOTBALL”

FC CINCINNATI LINKED WITH BRAZILIAN STRIKER

 

MLS football side FC Cincinnati are interested in young Brazilian striker Lincoln who plays his club football for Flamengo in the Brazilian Serie A. Lincoln is looking to move away from Flamengo as the striker is not in the plans of his Brazilian team. The interest of FC Cincinnati in the player was confirmed by Globo Esporte, a Brazilian news platform. Lincoln is still young as he turned 20 last week but the player is no longer training with the first team at Flamengo. According to the report via GloboEsporte, Lincoln has been training with the u-20s.


Apart from Lincoln, MLS football club FC Cincinnati are also keen on the transfer of Alejandro Gomez from Atalanta in the Italian Serie A. The experienced Alejandro Gomez would be a good addition to MLS football if he’s able to make the move from the Italian top flight. Alejandro Gomez wants to leave Atalantain the New Year after he fell out with his manager, GianPeroGasperini. Alejandro Gomez has been a key player for the Atalanta team that qualified for the Champions League in each of the last two seasons. Atalanta are in the round of 16 and they will face Real Madrid over two legs for a place in the quarterfinals. Continue reading “FC CINCINNATI LINKED WITH BRAZILIAN STRIKER”